Monday, July 13, 2009

remembering the fallen

Ok, so I complained about Jackson Mania. I must admit it made me feel good...... for about 2 seconds. Then it hit me what was I doing to honor the fallen in Iraq and Afghanistan on a daily basis? I must admit that on a daily basis I wasn't doing much. I would look at Department of Defence Press releases stating who was killed and say a prayer for the casualties. then delete the press release.
That just doesn't cut it as far as I am concerned. So today I started a labor of love that I can share with the world. I have created a web page that will list the names of all American Military killed as a result of the war in Iraq of Afghanistan. The page will list the casualties for a specific date (day and month) on that day of the month. All the casualties for July 14th no matter what the year will be listed on the 14th of July. On the 15th of July the names of those Killed on the 15th will be displayed.

I hope you will come to the page on a daily basis and share the URL with your address book so all can see just how many Americans have given their all for our country.

http://nam-vet.net/thisdate.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave a comment